Degrees of foot deformation and methods of treatment of this pathology
Deformation of the foot (photo see below) ispathology, characterized by the defeat of the joints at the base of the thumb, near which formed the so-called outgrowth. This defect can spread to other fingers. When the foot is deformed, the patient may experience aching pain in the legs, which is accompanied by rapid fatigue. Suffer this affect, as a rule, women of advanced age.
Deformities of the foot: causes
The main factors leading to the appearance of this pathology include:
- Insufficient amount of calcium in the body.
- Changes in the dystrophic and degenerative nature.
- Uneven load distribution on the foot.
- Wearing narrow and stiff shoes.
- Flat-footed (transverse or combined).
- Incorrect gait.
- Wearing shoes with high heels, which leads to the fact that all the main load is concentrated on the front of the foot.
- Endocrine disorders.
- Bursitis is chronic.
- Genetic predisposition.
Degrees of foot deformation
- The first degree of this pathology is characterized by a slight transverse flatfoot, in which the angle of change of the big toe is no less than 20 degrees.
- At the second degree there is already moderate transverse flatfoot, and the angle of deformation of the finger is from 20 to 35 degrees.
- At the third degree there is a pronounced flat feet with a finger deformation angle of more than 35 degrees.
As a rule, this pathology is visible to the nakedeye, but for a more accurate diagnosis, an X-ray or computer tomography study of the foot is prescribed. With their help, the exact degree of deformation is determined, on which the method of surgical intervention depends.
Treatment of foot deformities
With the initial signs of this diseaseyou can get rid of it with the help of special orthopedic devices, which include: arch supports, insoles, finger correctors, silicone interdigital rollers, screeds, etc. Also, to reduce pain, it is possible to prescribe various physiotherapy procedures, massage and warm baths. It is very useful to perform special exercises (walking on heels, on socks, gait of a clown, etc.). Doing them is desirable every day.
Valgus deformation of the foot. Operation
The main method of treatment of this pathologyis a surgical intervention, appointed individually. The choice of the method by which the defect will be corrected largely depends on its degree. For example, in the first stage of the disease, the cones are removed on the finger and the capsular-ligament apparatus is restored. In this case, the defect is corrected by transferring the tendons of the muscle that holds the thumb to another location. With the second degree of lesion of the foot, the bone is cut and further fixed with a screw. At the last stage, a complex osteotomy is performed with fixation of the bone with two screws.