Frappe recipe: how to make cold Greek coffee
Today, the topic of our conversation will be the recipe frappe - Greek drink, actually representing a cold coffee cocktail. This thing is invigorating not worse than its hot relative, and in the hot season it even gives the latter one hundred points ahead thanks to its coolness and freshness. So, how to make this coffee? Consider different options.
This drink is constantly being improved and gaining new taste variations. When you make coffee frappe, the recipe can be anything, but for each one of the two basic algorithms should be used.
In the first case, a cup of ordinary instant coffee is first prepared, and then it is turned into a frappe. The second option assumes that all ingredients are mixed immediately.
There are different opinions about which espresso should be used for making frappe: cold or hot. Coffee connoisseurs are more inclined to the second option.In any case, the taste is different, so you have to try it yourself to determine how you like.
By the way, the following types of frappe stand out:
- glyco (sweet);
- metrios (average amount of sugar);
- picros (bitter - no added sugar);
- meat gala (with milk);
- Horis Gala (without milk).
Prepare 200 ml of double espresso, 150 ml of water or milk, sugar to taste, ice cubes.
Milk and espresso whisk in a shaker or using a mixer. By the way, there is a special beater for frappe, thanks to which you can achieve the formation of a beautiful light brown foam. Put ice in a glass and pour a milky coffee mixture. Serve with a straw.
And here is the quickest recipe for frappe (the second algorithm): pour into a glass instant coffee (whatever you like), add sugar to taste, pour a couple of spoons of milk or water, then beat the mixture thoroughly. Ideally, you should have a strong foam that does not leak if you turn the glass. Then pour water or milk - after a while the foam and the liquid form two layers, and the drink will get a beautiful look.
Frappe with ice cream
Coffee frappe recipewhich involves adding ice cream - this is the real cocktail.
Take 200 milliliters of espresso (preferably double), 100 grams of ice cream "Plombir", 100 ml of milk, ice cubes, and black grated chocolate.
- Prepare espresso (it is recommended to make strong coffee, it should be hot).
- Mix ice cream with milk until frothy.
- In glasses for frappe pour the crushed ice and pour the ice cream with milk.
- Gently add the coffee. You do not need to mix it up - in a drink you will naturally get beautiful stains.
- Sprinkle chocolate frappe, insert the tubes.
Frappe with ice cream and chocolate
Take: 30 milliliters of espresso, a bar of black chocolate, a pinch of ground cinnamon and cocoa powder, 50-100 grams of ice cream, ice.
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool slightly.
- In a blender, whip coffee, ice cream and chocolate.
- Add ice to the chocolate and coffee mass and whisk everything to a thick foam.
- Sprinkle the drink with cinnamon and cocoa powder, insert the tubes.
Honey and chocolate frappe
How to cook frappe in winter, if you want to taste the taste of this particular drink, but at the same time warm up a little?
Take: 200 milliliters of double espresso, 150 ml of milk, 2 teaspoons of honey (preferably floral), 50 grams of grated black chocolate, ice. There is such a hearty option:
- Put crushed ice into glasses.
- Prepare an espresso. Add honey and almost all chocolate to it. Mix everything in a blender until foaming.
- Pour coffee into glasses in a thin stream. Sprinkle with the remnants of chocolate, insert the tubes.
Take:200 milliliters of cold water, 2 teaspoons of instant coffee and sugar, 20 ml of cream.
- In a blender, pour coffee and sugar, add a couple of tablespoons of water, whisk until foam appears.
- Pour coffee mousse into a glass. Enter cold water and cream. You can stir if you want, but not necessarily.
- Add ice and insert a straw.
This is a frappe recipe for berry lovers.
Take: 250 milliliters of double espresso, 100 grams of pitted cherries, ice cubes.
- Cook an espresso or make it instant.
- Whip the cherry in a blender and mix with the crushed ice.
- Put the cherries in the tall glass with ice and gently pour the espresso along the walls.
- Decorate the drink with a pair of cherries with stones, pre-chilled in the freezer. Insert the straw.
Banana frappe with chocolate
Take: 50 milliliters of espresso, 100 ml of milk, 1 bar of dark chocolate, 1 banana, 2 teaspoons of sugar, a pinch of vanillin, whipped cream.
- Prepare an espresso.
- Melt a bar of black chocolate.
- Beat coffee and banana in a blender.
- Pour milk into the resulting mass and add vanillin. All whisk in thick foam.
- Pour melted chocolate into a glass, and on top of it - an aromatic coffee-banana mixture.
- Decorate the drink with whipped cream, sprinkle with cocoa powder, insert the tubes.
You can come up with your own frappe recipe by experimenting with different ingredients. For example, adding various syrups (chocolate, caramel) or varying the proportions of the components.