Hibernation of Windows 7 and other types of "sleep"
sleep mode, hibernation? Windows 7 is a new generation operating system that has many advanced features. Standby mode, during which the computer is not used, allows to reduce power consumption and reduce the waiting time for a response from the PC when it resumes. In this article we will explain what is the hibernation of Windows 7, as well as take a closer look at each of the options for “sleeping” the system.
Computer status while waiting
- Sleep mode. This function of the operating system allows you to instantly suspend all running processes without closing them. Energy costs are significantly reduced and resumed immediately after the user starts working on the PC again.
- Windows 7 Hibernation. Standby mode allows you to suspend all running programs and processes, while maintaining files that were edited on a computer. The electric power is practically not spent, in comparison with a sleeping mode.It is recommended to use this feature on laptops. In particular, when the battery charge is low.
- Combined.This option of waiting for the PC is also called the hybrid sleep mode. It combines the capabilities of the first two options. When it starts, files and programs are automatically saved, and the system consumes a record low amount of electricity. Mostly hybrid hibernation is used on desktop computers. It is activated by default, but you can change it if you wish.
Sleep and hibernation. What is the difference?
If many users are familiar with the concept of the sleep mode, the hibernation function appeared not so long ago, and there is little information about it. So, the main differences:
- energy consumption is lower during hibernation;
- the system shuts down immediately after data is backed up during hibernation, and during hibernation all processes are simply suspended;
- the system leaves the sleep mode instantly, and during hibernation you must wait.
How do I put the system into standby mode?
On the computer in the Start menu, there are already options for switching the system to such modes as:
The user can independently set the function that will be executed by default. For example, it can be established that after a certain time (also specified by a person) the system will be transferred to one of these modes.You can configure the settings by calling the menu in the “Start” button by clicking on an empty space next to the modes of operation. On laptops there are similar opportunities. In this case, you can specify what actions will be performed when you press the disconnect button. The computer can be taken out of sleep by either opening the lid (laptop) or carrying out any manipulations on the keyboard or using the mouse.
Windows 7 hibernation is a universal way to turn off a computer, which requires a minimum of electricity costs and allows you to save all the information in the system, the creation or editing of which was carried out at the time of shutdown.