How to clean the kettle from scale with citric acid, Coca-Cola and other improvised means?
Water flowing from taps is not the best quality. Scale on the walls of the electric kettle not only gives an unpleasant taste to the brewed beverages, but also increases the heating time of the device, reducing its thermal conductivity.
The same applies to ordinary enameled metal teapots. The resulting plaque requires a longer finding dishes on the stove. As a result, electricity or gas is consumed. Therefore, the question of how to clean the kettle from scale in the home, for many remains relevant.
Causes of scaling
It does not matter what kind of kettle you use in your daily life - electric or metal. Scale may appear on each of the devices.And no filters or even boiling high-quality artesian water will help to avoid this trouble.
Therefore, any care should be timely. No need to delay with this, postponing the process for later. Otherwise you risk being left without a device.
For the formation of scale on each of the kettles are characterized by several points.
- Metal kettleinside it scum gradually, starting from the bottom. Initially, its consistency is soft, but gradually it turns into solid stones with an uneven porous structure.
- Electric kettleit risks first of all with its heating element (disk or spiral), because they constantly touch water. Therefore, it is much more difficult to save a device working from electricity from scale, because it is almost impossible to get close to the disk and spiral.
All the scale is formed from tap water containing many different salts that settle during boiling on the walls of the tanks.
Therefore, the question of how to clean the kettle from the scale inside, worries us much more, because cleaning the outside is much easier and faster.
But not only kettles suffer from scale. It can also harm our body. And, above all, the organs of the urinary system and kidneys.
How to clean the kettle from limescale?
Citric acid is one of the most effective tools in the fight against scale. Its application will not cause difficulties, but will help to quickly clean the kettle.
Pros - the availability of this tool and its effectiveness. But how to clean the kettle with citric acid?The process is carried out in several successive steps.
- Counting the right amount of "lemon". It is associated with the degree of contamination of the device. The more scale, the, respectively, a greater amount of lemon powder to take.The best option would be to use two or three packs per unit.
- Draw water, about 2/3 of the volume of dishes. If the localization of scale falls on the upper walls, then pour water to the extent that it covers it.
- Pour the acid into the water and stir until all the crystals have dissolved.
- If the scum is fresh, then the need to boil the "lemon" will not arise. You can simply prepare the solution in the above manner and leave for several hours. After that, wash the dishes and boil it with clean water.
- If the case is more complicated, then the prepared solution should be boiled in a kettle for 10-15 minutes, then pour it out, rinse the product with clean water and boil again.
- The procedure for fixing the result is better to repeat a couple of times.
How to clean the kettle from scale with vinegar?
Another tool that helps to clean the kettle from the scale in the home, is vinegar.
To do this, water is poured into the device in the same volume as in the previous method, and vinegar is added to the amount per half liter of vinegar per 1 liter of water.If there is no vinegar, then vinegar essence will do.
In this case, its amount should be reduced (take 3 teaspoons of essence for one liter of water). Boil water for 3-5 minutes, let it cool completely, drain and rinse the kettle with water. Repeat boiling with already pure liquid at least two times.
If the old raid does not leave the first time, then the process can be repeated. Also the softened plaque is removed if rubbed with a sponge.
How to clean the kettle from scum soda?
Soda is suitable for enameled and electric kettles. It is affordable, but at the same time a universal remedy, very effective and in the fight against calcareous raids on the walls of teapots.
However, you need to be careful with it, because hard grains can spoil the surface by scratching them.
Most likely, cleaning the kettle soda will have to be repeated. Since it is quite a soft remedy, a single application for a heavily damaged surface will not be enough.
You need to half fill the kettle with water and pour two teaspoons of soda into it.Let the water boil, then, reducing the flame, boil for 25-35 minutes. Drain and rinse the inside of the kettle.
If the kettle is electric with auto-shutdown mode, then just at the end of boiling the device leave the water with soda in it until it cools completely.
It will also help to solve the problem of how to clean the electric kettle from scale, ordinary soda. To prevent the inner surface of the device from getting a dark color, it is better to use colorless drinks. Ideal "Sprite". It should be poured into the kettle and let the product boil. The scale will evaporate after such a process without a trace. The same method is suitable for an ordinary metal kettle.
Another effective method of removing limescale will be the cleaning of potatoes, pears or apples. They need to be washed, put in a kettle, fill with water. Then boil for 5-10 minutes.
How to clean the kettle from rust inside?
In addition to limescale inside the kettle, the appearance of rust is another unpleasant phenomenon. It is associated with excess iron contained in tap water and its hardness.
To get rid of rusty plaque should be timely, because in addition to giving an unpleasant taste to tea or coffee, it can harm health.
Citric acid and vinegar, mentioned above, will help not only remove scale from the walls of the device, but also remove rust. You need to do the same with them as during descaling from the inside surface of the kettle.
Get rid of rust will help other available and original means and methods.
- Washing powder and potatoes.Spread the powder on a moist surface and rub these places with half the potatoes. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- "Coca Cola".Pour the drink in the kettle and leave overnight. In the morning the device will be ready for use.
- Cucumber pickle.Pour it into the kettle and boil for 5-10 minutes. Drain and rinse dishes with water until it leaves, until the smell.
- Spoiled milk.It is also boiled in a kettle.
To prevent the occurrence of scale and rust is not superfluous to observe a few points.
- After use, leave the kettles dry, pouring out all the water. Its remains produce calcium. It is converted to scale and hits the walls of products.
- To clean the teapots at least monthly. The more often the procedure is performed, the less effort will have to be spent in the future. In addition, it will help to maintain the performance of the product for a long time.
- Boil in the kettle only distilled water or purified using a filter.
- Sponge the kettle after each use. So it turns out to remove scale at its initial stage.
The longer the teapot accumulates scale, the more time it will take to launder it. In any case, it is better to use proven methods, otherwise the risk of spoiling the device increases.