How to connect the console to the TV?
Watch the video
Throughout the world, we have long switched to digitalTV. In this respect, our country has started the transition from analog signal transmission quite recently. However, now in Russia there are more and more users of digital television. This is explained by the fact that digital signal transmission is much better, and, therefore, the quality of the image will be better.
Thanks to digital TV, everyone has the opportunity to view your favorite programs in digital quality. To ensure the transmission of a digital signal, you need to use a digital set-top box.
Consider how you can connect it.
To begin with, we note that to connect a digitalyou can buy any modern TV set. Suitable models from 2007, you can find and older ones. The main thing is that the TV had an antenna input, as well as connectors for tulips, a scart-input with a video input. However, most modern TVs have an hdmi-connector, which is also ideal for connecting a set-top box.
In order to connect the set-top box to the TV,you will need a coaxial cable, connectors, as well as a satellite dish or an antenna, which will need to be fixed outside the house. By the way, the cost of modern digital set-top boxes along with the cable, antenna and other necessary elements is no more than 10 thousand rubles.
Next, we'll look at how the digital set-top box is connected to the TV.
Connecting a digital set-top box
A digital set-top box can be connected not only toTV, but also to the monitor, as well as a dvd player. However, if you connect the set-top box not to the TV, you will need a special adapter to connect the coaxial cable to the device. This adapter can be purchased in almost any electronics store.
The procedure for connecting the set-top box to the TV is as follows:
- Unpack the TV set-top box. Remove all protective films from it. This is necessary in order to avoid heating the films during the operation of the attachment.
- Take the coaxial cable and cut it offends of the protective shell, retreating at the same time by 10-15 millimeters. Cut the sheath so as not to damage the shiny film that protects the center conductor. This film is screening.
- Carefully fold the film back and screw in the f-connectors.
- Now it remains to connect the coaxial cable of the set-top box to the TV.
- Next, you need to connect the tulip wires to the TV and the console.
- Then connect your antenna to the TV. The antenna should be installed on the balcony or on the outside wall of the house. In doing so, you must ensure that the antenna is not interfered with by the branches or wires of the power line.
It remains only to customize the console to enjoy digital TV.
Set up a digital set-top box
The setup of the digital set-top box is as follows:
- Take the remote control of the digital set-top box and press the Menu button.
- In the window that appears, you need to select the "Configure Channels" item.
- Press "OK" and wait for the prefix to automatically detect the channels.
- After that, you just have to accept the channels found and save the settings.
Please note that in order to connectdigital television, you need to use the services of providers that provide digital TV connectivity. Some providers offer to purchase their digital set-top boxes with the included set of digital TV channels. To such, for example, is Tricolor TV.
For more information, please see:
- How to connect DVB-T2;
- How to choose a prefix.