How to cook a cupcake at home - great taste without much hassle
Cupcakes are considered to be excellent representatives because they combine the simplicity of preparation and great taste, which is very important in the conditions of constant family fuss. At the same time there are lots of recipes - from the elementary ones on the principle of “mixed everything in one form, in it it’s baked” to complex ones. How to cook a cupcake at home, we consider below.
The cupcake turned out to be an international dish - it was prepared in Ancient Rome, using barley mashed potatoes as a base and adding pomegranate grains, a mixture of nuts and raisins to it. Later he was popular in the French court. So the cupcake spread throughout Europe, and every nation contributed something to the recipe, not adhering to the pattern.
If you focus on the general definition, then a cupcake is a bakery product that can be based on both yeast and sponge dough. As a rule, various fillers are added to the cupcake, mainly soaked fruits and nuts.A cupcake is a festive dish, it was served earlier for Christmas and weddings. For example, stollen is also a kind of cake. He is also a direct relative of the cake we know.
A cupcake or a cupcake?
Like baking muffins, recipes with photos of which can be found everywhere are very popular. To date, the shelves of pastry shops and coffee shops offer customers the most diverse pastries, which at first glance can be called a cupcake, but in fact it turns out that this is a cupcake or muffin. So what is the difference? Of course, it’s not going to affect how to make a cupcake at home, but at least when choosing a recipe you will know what to expect in the end.
- Cupcakes.Preparation is based on constant whipping - first butter with sugar, then eggs, and so on. This technique allows them to acquire a finely porous, melting structure.
- Muffins.In contrast to the cupcakes, not only are they not whipped — they even knead as briefly as possible. Separately, liquid and dry components are collected, quickly mixed without striving for homogeneity. Because of this, some more textured, heavy and flat. Also have less sweetness.
- Cupcakes.By and large, these are portioned cakes, a distinctive feature of which is a cream cap at the top. The dough can be anything.
The basis of the basics
There are no problems with how to make homemade muffins at the moment - cookbooks and the Internet are full of various recipes, one more beautiful than the other. But what about those who are new to the confectionery field? The most successful option would be to use the basic recipe, which looks like this:
- butter - 200 grams;
- sugar - 150 grams;
- eggs - 4 pcs .;
- flour - 250 grams;
- baking powder - 1 tsp;
- flavor to taste (vanilla, liqueurs, citrus peel).
All products must be at room temperature. Beat butter with sugar until whitening mass and its increase in size. Ideally, if this dissolves sugar. Add eggs one at a time, while kneading thoroughly. Add flavor. Sift the flour into the mass together with the baking powder, mix it thoroughly with a mixer at low speed. Put the dough in portions or one large form. Bake at 180aboutC until the toothpick stays dry when piercing products.Remove from oven, cool completely. Can be served at the table.
Options for fillings and flavors
Here you can be limited only by a set of products and fantasy. Highlight some of the most successful combinations that show how to make a cupcake at home according to taste preferences:
- Lemon or lime zest + fresh blueberries.Classic, very gentle and fresh combination. Add the rind along with the flour, and mix the berries at the end. The perfect finish will be a lemon juice icing and icing sugar on top.
- Chocolate cake.For this, it is enough to replace 50 grams of flour with cocoa. To achieve a richer chocolate flavor, you can add 30 grams of chocolate drops.
- Nut cakeTo do this, replace 100 grams of flour with an equal amount of ground nuts and add a tablespoon of Amaretto liqueur.
- And this recommendation will show how to cookA cupcake at home based on the work of confectioner Pierre Ermet.It is about his Fetish line, which is based on a combination of lychee, raspberry and rose. Of course, this is a recipe for special occasions. Stir into the dough a couple of tablespoons of rose petal syrup (you can buy it in any confectionery department), lychee fruits (canned will do) and raspberries. Bake until done.
When there is no time
What to do in the event that time is running out, but I really want a sweet one? Here microwave will come to the rescue, which will help to cook a cupcake in a matter of minutes.
- vegetable oil or melted butter - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- eggs - 1 pc;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- vanillin - pinch;
- salt - pinch;
- cocoa - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- flour - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- milk - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- filler to taste (chocolate, nuts, dried fruits, berries, etc.) - 3 tbsp. spoons.
Mix all the ingredients. Lubricate the cups with butter, pour the dough over them to the middle and bake in the microwave for 3 minutes. If necessary, you can bake. That's all! Cupcake in 5 minutes (maximum) is ready. Enjoy!