How to install a water heater?
In this article, we will talk not only about howinstall a water heater, but also on safety during installation and, of course, on the correct installation of these electrical appliances, since their installation is often accompanied by certain difficulties. Let's start with the storage water heaters.
How to install a storage water heater
Let's begin with the necessary security measures, of which three:
- Electrical safety of storageThe water heater is guaranteed only if there is a well-organized earthing, which was carried out in accordance with all the rules for the installation of electrical installations.
- Plumbing, as well as shutofffittings must necessarily meet the characteristics of the water supply network. In addition, they must necessarily have the necessary quality certificates.
- The third item includes a list of conditions relating to the installation and operation of a storage electric heater. So, it is not allowed:
- power-up if the heat exchanger is not filled with water;
- the use of a water heater without grounding;
- removal of the protective cover when the power supply is on;
- connection of the device to the water supply without a special safety valve;
- inclusion in the water supply system at a pressure of more than 6 atmospheres;
- Discharge of water from the tank while the power is on;
- modification of the design and mounting dimensions of the product brackets;
- use of replacement parts and assemblies not recommended by the manufacturer;
In addition, all electrical and plumbingwork must be carried out by qualified personnel. The installation works themselves begin with drilling holes for anchors and fixing anchor hooks in the wall. Then the device is suspended from the hooks of the anchors for the brackets of the housing. After that, a safety valve is installed at the inlet of the cold water, which must be turned 3-4 turns and sealed with waterproofing material. After that you can proceed to the first filling of the tank. To do this, open the cold supply valve and the hot water tap located on the mixer to ensure air outflow from the water heater. The signal to fill the tank will be a continuous stream of cold water that will flow from the mixer. This is important, because during the connection to the network the tank must be filled with water. When you turn on the handle of the thermostat it is desirable to install at a temperature of about 35-36 degrees.
How to install a flow-through water heater
The flow heater is good because the water in itheats up very quickly, and the amount of water consumed is not limited. In addition, the flowing water heater is very compact in size, and therefore allocate a little space for it in the house - absolutely not a problem. The instructions for the flow-through water heater contain a detailed diagram, which usually indicates all the necessary connections and openings. The kit often also includes fasteners. As for a storage water heater, the same safety rules apply for a flow heater. In addition, if you want to install a flow heater yourself, remember the following:
- if you yourself are not able to understand the scheme, or do not understand the notation on it, you need to turn to specialists;
- incorrect installation of a flowing water heater often leads to equipment failure, which deprives the owner of the right to warranty repair;
- installation of a running water heater, performed in violation of the TB rules, often causes injuries and accidents.
As for the installation procedure itselfwater heater, it is most often hung on a wall and, at the same time as close to the mixer in the kitchen or in the bathroom, in order to reduce heat loss as much as possible. By the way, flowing water heaters in comparison with cumulative weigh very little, and therefore for their installation will not need a particularly strong attachment. Even conventional fastening screws and brackets will fit. Located flowing water heater both above the sink or sink, and under them. The connection diagram for both cases can be easily found in the instruction manual. To install a flow-through water heater, drill holes in the wall and fasten it to the brackets. After this, it is necessary to connect the water heater to the water pipe in accordance with the scheme specified in the instructions. This can be done both with the help of rigid and flexible cabling, which depends on the model of the instantaneous water heater. Any joints must be sealed with sealant and FUM tape. To check the correct installation, open the water tap and check the reliability of all connections. Now you know how to properly install a water heater, and any - and cumulative, and flowing.