Japanese maple: planting, care
Many people in the modern world find time to maintain their garden. In it, they grow vegetables, fruits, flowers and many other exotic plants. The Japanese maple belongs to the latter category. We will teach you how to choose. We will tell you about the rules of planting and the different types of decorative wood.
Today, there are about 100 species of wood. The plant is easily recognized by the following criteria:
- bush or tree with foliage;
- height can be from 2 to 10 meters depending on the variety;
- leaves of small size, bright shade;
- Acceptable colors: green, yellow, flame red, pink;
- leaf shape resembles a palm tree;
- during flowering small flowers are formed.
Japanese maple is suitable for people who love autumn mood and its violent colors. There are many varieties of this tree, it is worth mentioning separately some important varieties.
We will give you the most unique and amazingly beautiful trees that you will find in a store or in a nursery.
- "Aconitifolium". From spring to late summer foliage bright green.In the autumn period, the shade of the tree is yellow-orange. The shape of the leaves resembles deep lobes.
- "Aureum". This is a variety of finger maple. The krone has a bright yellow tint. The shape of the leaves resembles finely cut blades. Among these representatives there are trees with colored bark.
- "Atropurpurreum". The shape of the leaves as in the previous variety. Preferably differs from all other species in its color range. For the entire season, the crown varies from bright red to black and purple.
- "Dissectum". The leaves have a semicircular pinned shape. Their color is often red-purple hue.
On this variety of ornamental trees do not end. You can choose a plant according to your taste preferences, which will harmoniously fit into the landscape of the garden plot.
Why do you need?
Japanese maple, planting and care for which is simple, beautiful and looks perfect in the following places:
- rock garden;
- lawn near the house or terrace;
- front garden
Professional garden designers grow trees on the roofs of buildings. You can beautifully and originally landed it in separate wooden barrels or tubs.If you are a fan of bonsai style, then Japanese maple saplings are used to compile plant compositions. Moving on to the next important step.
The procedure is simple, but requires special knowledge. Planting Japanese maple requires the necessary materials. To do this, cook:
- tree saplings;
Is landing according to the following algorithm:
- Dig a hole. It should be two times as deep and wide as the root of the tree.
- If you bought a ready-made plant stalk, then free it from the pot. Unravel the roots and loosen the ground before planting.
- Add pre-cooked compost and peat to the pit.
- Bury the plant.
- Make a well around the bush, which is required for comfortable watering.
- Moisten the tree thoroughly so that the roots are more likely to take root in the new soil.
- Next spring, after planting, add a layer of mulch under the tree. It should consist of land with rotten leaves.
- If the summer is too hot, the bush should be watered more often.
To plant well and quickly got accustomed to prepare the right place.
Where to plant?
Japanese maple will develop in an ideal location, which should correspond to the following indicators:
- If you plant a palatine variety, then prepare a shadow for it.For all the others, the sunny side is suitable.
- The soil must be water permeable. If the tree does not receive the right amount of moisture, the leaves will turn brown.
- The place where maple should grow should not be handled with lime. After contact with the substance of the bush leaves begin to fall.
Now you know where and how to plant Japanese maple. Care is the next stage in the cultivation of an ornamental plant.
The main care of the plant includes the following items, the implementation of which is mandatory:
- Although the tree loves well-moistened soil, but it does not have to be constantly moist. From this can rot roots.
- If your site is small - no problem. The bush can take root on any land, the coverage of which may not be suitable for the variety.
- Maples are not afraid of drafts.
- Every spring must be cut the tree. This procedure in the first years of the life of the plant will help him find the correct form. In the subsequent period, you can simply remove the dry and diseased branches.
- Once a month you need to carry out additional watering. On one root about 15 liters of water.
- In August, it was recommended to stop all feeding.
Remember!Additional watering in any case does not cancel the moisture on demand.
The quality of the tree will directly depend on the seed.
How to buy?
If you decide to make a note of brightness and originality in your garden, then you should choose a Japanese maple. Seeds can be purchased in specialized stores or ordered from the catalog. In this case, no one will guarantee that you can grow. It is better to make a purchase in nurseries and purchase ready seedlings. To do this, you are given the following recommendations:
- Inspect the plant. It must be healthy. It is better if the bush will be sold in a pot or container.
- Make a purchase in early spring or autumn so that the plant can be planted immediately.
- Do not purchase a tree in the summer. It is not recommended to plant it during this period, because the plant does not take root well due to drought.
Few people know, but the Japanese maple can be grown not only in the open field. For this ideal home conditions.
At home, grow a special dwarf variety. Japanese maple on the windowsill has a positive effect on the apartment. Namely:
- humidifies the air;
- increases the amount of oxygen in your apartment;
- from spring to autumn will delight its flowering.
Despite the fact that the plant is easy to plant and care for him, he is constantly attacked by various pests, for example:
- spider mite;
For the treatment and prevention of diseases, use this solution: dissolve 1 mg of decis in a liter of water. Stir the mixture thoroughly and spray it with your Japanese dwarf maple variety.
The procedure should include the following items:
- careful watering from spring to late autumn;
- in winter, it is better to halve the hydration of a potted plant;
- wood fertilizer is allowed with complex preparations;
- Every two years, transplant the plant into a large container.
You met with street and home Japanese maple. Now you can grow in your garden decoration, for which you can take care of all the recommendations.