Kitchens are classic: the main features and nuances of style. The disadvantages of the classic interior
Classic kitchens are considered standard patterns that never go out of fashion. Their design is quite simple, functional and comfortable, with natural notes and age-old grace. As a rule, this option is used in spacious rooms. What you need to know in order to create a kitchen in a classic style? What nuances should be considered?
Color range in classicism
If we consider the kitchen classic, light and solid design options are the most common. However, dark accents are allowed. For example, the best combination is white walls with brown furniture. You can also use bright accents, but only in small infusions, in order not to overload the space. The most relevant colors are beige, terracotta, cream, sand, dark green, brick.If the kitchen is poorly illuminated by natural light, then the decoration and furniture should be mainly in pastel colors.
The main features of the classic kitchen
Any style has distinctive features that express the character and set the mood of the room. Consider the characteristic features of classicism:
- The use of natural materials is welcome: wood, glass, stone.
- The ceiling is decorated with a massive crystal chandelier.
- The color palette is mostly bright, but saturated.
- The shape of objects has strict and straight lines.
- Furniture made of solid wood.
- Bronze, carving, mother-of-pearl and gilded murals are used as decoration.
- Elegant and luxurious elements in the interior.
- Antique decor in the form of napkins, vases, paintings, etc.
Unfortunately, the classics in the kitchen are not so perfect, there are some drawbacks to this design:
- The light palette quickly gets dirty, so all materials should be easy to wash and be quite practical.
- The uniformity of models of kitchen sets.
- Natural materials are quite expensive.
It is worth noting that these shortcomings can be completely eliminated, if you handle all the items carefully enough and carefully.
- Ceiling.Most often, the design of a classic kitchen involves simple white ceilings. For their decoration used stucco, painting. In modern interiors, you can use suspended ceilings, but the canvas should be monotonous. Allowed drawing in the form of painting. If you need to build a structure, you need to remember that the classic recognizes only regular geometric shapes.
- Walls. The best material for the kitchen in a classic style is plaster. However, it is also quite often used for their decoration wallpaper for painting or ceramic tiles that mimic natural stone. In fairly large rooms you can see decorative wood panels. Most often, they are selected to match the furniture. Alternatively, you can decorate the walls with a cloth, but this method is quite expensive and impractical.
- Floor. The ideal option would be parquet. It goes well with the overall design and emphasizes the natural atmosphere. As a less expensive alternative, you can use a laminate or a floor tile with a pattern of natural wood.
Features of classic furniture
It is worth noting that all the furniture in the style of classicism is quite sophisticated and majestic. This kind of appearance gives aesthetic pleasure. Classic kitchens harmoniously look in large and spacious rooms, so the suite and the rest of the furniture should be massive and even cumbersome, otherwise the space will lose harmony and equality. Particular attention should be paid to the dining table. It is chosen rectangular in shape, chairs arranged around it with high backs and beautiful carved legs.
In order to select suitable pieces of furniture, you must follow some rules:
- Material - only natural wood or veneer.
- Handles and other accessories should fully comply with the classical style (preferably bronze with carved motifs).
- The color scheme is dark or light brown, white, beige or cream.
- Carved elements - a mandatory attribute of the classic kitchen.
Classic kitchens are distinguished by specific lighting. A prerequisite is the presence of a massive crystal chandelier at the center of the ceiling.You can also use the hidden LED strip lighting. However, you need to choose only those that emit white light. The dining area can be decorated with lamps made of metal or copper, it is better to give preference to the form in the form of candlesticks. Lamp shades and candelabra in the classic kitchen are also welcome.
Tips for choosing a kitchen
The main piece of furniture in this room is a kitchen set. However, their huge range can be an insurmountable obstacle to the right choice. Consider the basic models:
- Standard straight. As a rule, this version of the headset is installed along the wall. They are quite roomy and functional. The number of components mainly depends on the possible maximum length; it, naturally, cannot be larger than the wall size.
- Corner classic kitchens - the optimal model for spacious rooms. They are installed near two perpendicular walls. This option has a variety of content that will fully satisfy the needs of any hostess.
- U-shaped kitchen sets are mainly made to order.They are elite and expensive models.
In order for the classic kitchen space to be complete, it is necessary to use themed decor. Various porcelain items, such as statuettes, vases, plates, salad bowls, etc., will fit perfectly into the interior. Walls can be decorated with paintings or family photos. Preference is better to give still lifes and landscapes.
Classic kitchens are ideal for both private homes and standard apartments. This design is chosen by people with conservative views who value a measured and relaxed lifestyle.