Modular buildings from sandwich panels: advantages and disadvantages
SIP panels are very often used in privateconstruction. Such popularity is due to the simplicity and speed of erection of structures of different types. In addition, modular buildings of sandwich panels can be built in all weather conditions in winter and summer. At the same time, their cost is much lower than houses made of concrete or wood. The article will consider all the pros and cons of SIP elements.
What is built from sandwich panels
Products of this type are suitable for any modern architectural projects. Depending on the purpose of the structure SIP panels are used in the construction:
- technological premises for storage of various products;
- premises for storage and repair of equipment;
- garages and parking;
- agricultural complexes;
- cafes, canteens and restaurants;
- trade and exhibition centers;
- sports complexes;
- country cottages;
- residential houses and country cottages;
- auxiliary auxiliary buildings, verandas, sheds and much more.
Modular buildings from sandwich panels: advantages
Technology of construction of buildings fromSIP-elements are worked out to the smallest detail, so anyone can build a house on the countryside independently without using specialized equipment.
The key advantages of these residential buildings are:
- Short installation time. In order to build a box of a block-modular building from sandwich panels, it takes 1-2 weeks.
- Possibility of carrying out work at negative temperatures. Unlike buildings from sandwich panels, concrete structures are not recommended to erect in winter.
- Low cost of work. Thanks to simple construction technology and low cost of materials, such a house will cost much less than a brick or concrete analogue.
- High heat and sound insulation characteristics of the elements. Modular buildings from sandwich panels are very quickly warmed up and sustain strong hurricanes.
- Houses can not be deformed and do not sink.
Cons of houses from SIP panels
The operating life of buildings of this type ismore than 30 years. At the same time, strength parameters of prefabricated modular buildings from sandwich panels are much inferior to similar parameters of houses made of wood or brick. In addition, the building elements are made of non-environmentally friendly materials. In the production of panels used synthetic products, resin and other components obtained as a result of chemical treatment.
Also, the drawbacks of modular buildings from sandwich panels include:
- Complete tightness of structures. By and large, a thermos-building is produced in which air does not circulate. Because of this, you have to install a forced ventilation system.
- Sandwich panels belong to the class of flammability G1. However, this does not mean that such buildings burn badly. On the contrary, panel structures very quickly catch fire and begin to release huge volumes of toxic substances.
- Despite the fact that the walls of such a house will endure any gusts of wind, they can easily be pierced with a hammer.
Technology of erection
The technology of building modular buildings from sandwich panels includes the following stages:
- Design. In order to create a project for future construction, you can independently make all necessary calculations or contact the project organization. The latter option is preferable.
- Erection of the foundation. Most common for panel houses are built the simplest pile foundations. However, it is possible to build a shallow belt or monolithic foundation.
- At this stage, laying and fixingzero overlap and is produced by tying timber. For this purpose, the CIP panels are laid on the tape of the fundamental base, and then tied with boards along the perimeter.
- Wall installation. Walls from panels are very simply assembled and fixed with regular screws.
- At the next stage, beams are laid for attic floors.
- Gables, skate and intermediate girders for the roof of the house are installed.
- The roof is made of panels.
- The roofing material is laid.
- Communication is being laid.
- Door and window constructions are installed.
- Final finishing is in progress.
Panel houses have advantages and disadvantages, but it is difficult to deny the fact that such buildings are being built very quickly and easily.