Potato patties: the most interesting recipes
Potato patties are products in which the familiar and beloved filling plays the role of a “dough”. Such a replacement gives just amazing results. The finished product turns out delicate, fragrant and very tasty. However, the technology of cooking this dish has its own characteristics and secrets, which are worth discussing in more detail.
Experienced chefs claim that potato patties are only a small part of what can be made from the most popular vegetable in the world. There are hundreds of options for their preparation, which can be classified according to several criteria:
- The composition of the "test" (from mashed potatoes, broth, with yeast).
- The contents of the filling (with mushrooms, meat, fish, vegetables, cheese and mixed).
- The way of cooking (frying, roasting).
Those who wish to try to master this difficult science can be offered to try making potato patties with meat.
The following products will be used as starting components:
For the "test":
1 kg of potatoes, 200 grams of flour, 4 raw chicken eggs and salt.
0.3 kilograms of boiled beef, salt, 200 grams of onions, black pepper and one boiled egg.
The technology is simple:
- First you need to boil the potatoes, and then skip through a meat grinder.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead the "dough."
- For the filling, the first thing to do is grind the boiled meat in a meat grinder.
- Finely chop the onion and sprinkle the egg slightly, and crumble the egg at random.
- Combining the components provided by the recipe, prepare the stuffing for the filling.
- “Dough” roll into a layer, and then divide it into pieces (squares or circles).
- Put the filling in the center of each blank and close it gently by joining the edges.
- Fry in a frying pan on both sides in boiling oil.
Before serving, patties can be poured with warmed butter or placed with a spoonful of sour cream.
With mushroom filling
A good option for a full meal would be, for example, potato patties with mushrooms. In the people they are still called zrazami.The method of cooking such a dish is very similar to the one that was described earlier. For the work will need the following ingredients:
800 grams of potatoes, 2 raw eggs, 300 grams of boiled mushrooms, onion, 10 grams of salt, ½ cup vegetable oil, 5 branches of green onions and 9 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
The preparation of such pies includes the following steps:
- First, the potatoes should be washed and peeled, and then boil, do not forget to add a little salt.
- At this time, you need to fry the mushrooms in the oil, adding to them chopped onion.
- Boiled potatoes, mashed, salt, add 1 raw egg and cook from all this "dough".
- Grind the fried mushrooms in a meat grinder, and then add the chopped green onions to them. The filling is ready.
- Now you need to make a pie. To do this, take a part of the "dough", roll it into a ball, and then flatten it into a flat cake. Put a little filling in the middle and carefully wrap the edges. Blanks spread out on the table and let them cool.
- Separately, in a bowl, beat 1 egg and add a quarter cup of water. In another bowl pour the crackers.
- Now you can proceed to the last stage.Each billet must first be dipped into the egg mass, then rolled well in breadcrumbs and only after that carefully put into the pan with boiling oil and fry on both sides.
Interestingly, such cakes will be delicious not only hot but also cold.
Experienced housewives know that potato dough for pies will be better if you add flour to the bulk. This will allow:
- make the mixture more durable and elastic;
- after frying, get a pleasant ruddy crust on the surface.
The easiest recipe for "dough" from potatoes provides the following ratio of products:
for 7 potatoes 1 raw egg, 30 grams of butter, 120 grams of flour and some salt (to taste).
Preparing such a semi-finished product is easy:
- First, the potatoes need to be cleaned, and then boil with the addition of salt.
- Drain broth, and the vegetables themselves, together with butter, will be crushed into puree.
- As soon as the mass cools down, drive an egg, add flour and mix all this well. To facilitate the work, you can use a mixer.
Now from the finished "dough" you can safely sculpt the pies. To get the desired result, you need to consider some subtleties:
- eggs should always be added only to the cooled mash;
- before frying the billet it is better to roll in the flour so that the potato mass does not absorb too much oil;
- to preserve the integrity of the elastic "dough" is better to carve;
- after roasting the pies, you must first put on a napkin to remove excess fat from them.
Thanks to these rules, products from such a dough will be not only beautiful, but also very tasty.
Some cooks prefer to make patties on potato broth. True, there are also features. First you need to collect the following products on your desktop:
potatoes, 280 grams of flour, 150 grams of sunflower oil, 160 grams of sugar and a pack of yeast (dry).
To make such a "dough" not for long:
- First, peeled potatoes must be boiled. Water for this is better to add a little salt.
- In a glass, dry the yeast with water and add sugar.
- In a bowl, pour the flour and pour the broth.
- After that, add 150 g of sunflower oil and sugar.
- Add the yeast to the cooled mass and knead the stiff dough. This can be done in any way.
- Gradually pouring flour (150 g), hold a good punch. After that, the dough will be noticeably softer. The prepared mass must be transferred to the pan, wrap tightly and put in a warm place.
- The formation of blanks should begin immediately after ripening and cooling of the semi-finished product.
With this "dough" you can use almost any, even sweet fillings.
The recipe for potato patties can be chosen such that the “dough” in them is at the same time also a filling. Such products are designed for the most lazy or very busy housewives, who simply do not have extra time to work in the kitchen. To cook these pies, you first need to collect all the necessary products:
for three medium-sized potatoes, 1 egg, 50 grams of sunflower oil, one and a half cups of flour, 5 grams of salt and any spices.
The whole process consists of several required consecutive steps:
- Raw potatoes should be chopped using a meat grinder, food processor or a regular fine grater.
- Alternately add the remaining ingredients in the following order: egg - butter - salt and spices - flour. After each ingredient, the mass should be thoroughly stirred.
- “Dough” roll into a pancake with a thickness of 1-2 millimeters, and then using a special form or a regular glass to cut from it blanks in the form of circles.
- In a skillet pour a little more vegetable oil and bring it to a boil.
- Batch of 5-6 pieces to fry the fryers in deep fat, and then spread them on a napkin to remove excess fat.
Such pies are usually called “bombs,” since they swell during cooking. Sometimes they are also made even with a vegetable filling.
Pies of mashed potatoes will be more lush if you add a little kefir to the “dough”. Due to the unique features of this fermented milk product, the finished product is soft and airy. To prepare such a miracle, you must additionally use:
1 raw egg, 0.5-1 cup of kefir (as you like), flour and a third of a teaspoon of soda.
Everything is done very quickly:
- Puree, which remained uneaten after dinner, put in a deep bowl.
- Add to it all the ingredients provided by the recipe, and mix it all well. In this case, the flour should be so much that the mass becomes thick and stretched out behind the spoon.If desired, you can also add a little onion or green onions.
- Prepared mixture using a tablespoon dipped in water, put in a pan and fry in vegetable oil on both sides.
Such pies give potatoes a second life. Now, any hostess will know that the remnants of the usual mashed potatoes can be the basis for a very tasty and healthy food.
With cabbage filling
Very tasty are potato patties with cabbage. For their preparation it is necessary to assemble the following ingredients on the desktop:
For the test:
4 potatoes and 2 eggs.
onion, 300 grams of white cabbage, salt, 2 eggs and 40 grams of butter.
In addition, 60 grams of flour will be required for breading, and 70 grams of vegetable oil for frying.
The entire preparation procedure can be divided into 4 successive stages:
- For the “dough”, the uncooked potatoes must first be peeled, then kneaded and mixed with raw eggs.
- For the filling, chop the cabbage and the onions separately, fry in oil, and then put them together, adding the remaining ingredients.
- Make a round cake with potato hands, put some of the filling on it, and then wrap the edges gently.
- Each workpiece breaded in flour and fry in boiling oil.
Delicate pies with a juicy and fragrant filling is good to eat hot with sour cream. If desired, the dish can be sprinkled with chopped greens.
Dough on potato broth for patties can be made without adding eggs. At the same time, its quality will not become worse. To prepare such a semi-finished product you will need:
50 grams of sugar, 350 milliliters of still warm broth of potatoes, a small piece of butter, 30 grams of yeast (fresh), 10 grams of salt and flour.
Make such a "dough" can be quickly and easily. It is prepared literally in one go. You just need to mix all the ingredients and put the ready mass for lifting. Everything happens in a matter of minutes. Thanks to fresh yeast, the "dough" grows right before our eyes. After that, it remains only to prepare some kind of stuffing, to form the blank, and then fry it in boiling oil until the characteristic brown crust. This is also done very quickly. And as the filling, you can use the same potato, a decoction which has already found its use in the "test". It should just be mixed with fried onions and add a bit of chopped greens for the aroma.
Roasting in the oven
It is much easier to bake potato pies in the oven.At the same time, it doesn’t matter what kind of stuffing will be used in them. As an example, consider one very interesting recipe. We will need a modest set of products.
For the "test":
12 potatoes, 200 grams of flour, a little salt, 1 egg and 1 protein.
300 grams of cottage cheese (dry), salt, 30 grams of flour, 1 yolk and some sugar.
In addition, you will additionally need to take:
for cutting - 60 grams of flour, for lubricating products - 1 egg, for processing baking sheets - 40 grams of butter.
According to the technology of preparation, this method is not much different from previous versions. To make such pies, the hostess needs:
- Boil peeled potatoes. Water while salt is not necessary.
- Drain broth, and potatoes - cool.
- At this time, you can make the filling, mixing all the ingredients at once.
- For the "dough", the potatoes should be chopped on a grater, and then add everything that is necessary according to the recipe, and mix well to get a homogeneous thick mass.
- Sprinkle flour on the chopping board and roll out the dough on it.
- Cut out of it with the help of an ordinary glass billet in the form of circles.
- In each of them put a teaspoon of filling and wrap gently, forming an oval semi-finished product.
- Pan with butter.
- Distribute the blanks on it, brushing their surface with an egg.
After that, it remains only to send the pies to the oven and wait until they turn red.