Purulent surgery: the best doctors
Purulent surgery is one of the most important sections of modern medicine, which deals with the operational treatment of various infectious pathologies. Even in ancient times, people tried to find ways to combat the inflammatory processes in wounds received during the battles. Today, significant progress has been made in this issue, and methods have been found to treat even the most complex cases of infection of human tissues and organs.
The department of purulent surgery is necessarily present in every clinic or hospital, today the most modern methods of diagnosing and treating inflammations of a different nature are used here.
These diseases are among the most common among the population of the whole world. Inflammatory processes can occur for various reasons: the consequence of injury, oncology, infection, failure to comply with hygienic standards, etc. Infection occurs through the entry of pathogenic bacteria into the body's tissues. With a weakened immune system or an unfavorable environment reproductionpyogenic germs occur very quickly and in a short time can lead to the death of one of the human body parts or even death.
That is why it is so important to diagnose and carry out surgery in time. Purulent surgery today involves the removal of a wide range of problems: the removal of abscesses, sepsis, infections of the skin and soft tissues, and the consequences that have resulted from injuries, burns, frostbite, or after surgery. Most often, treatment involves an integrated approach, and the decisive role here is played by surgery.
In our country there are many excellent doctors involved in the operational treatment of inflammatory processes of different forms and stages. According to the national rating in Moscow, the doctor of the highest category, Candidate of Medical Sciences V.N. Obolensky, is one of the best doctors in Russia, whose specialization is purulent surgery. Feedback from people about his work is entirely positive, patients emphasize his professionalism and ability to find the right approach to the patient.
Depending on where the focus of inflammation is located, local and general infections are shared. They are primarily the symptoms of the manifestation:
- Local: in the formation of a boil or inflammation in the abdominal cavity, the symptoms of the disease are, of course, different, but there are general rules by which you can determine if you have an infection.
- Common purulent infections. Sepsis is one of the worst diseases. A hundred years ago, more than half of the postoperative patients died because of it. With the development of the concept of hygiene and sterility, the emergence of antibiotics and new types of prophylaxis, this figure has dropped significantly. But still, if late detection of sepsis can be fatal, because it is so important to know the main signs of an acute inflammatory process:
- increase in body temperature to 37–39 degrees;
- pain, swelling, induration in tissues;
- signs of violation of the body;
- very high body temperature, over 40 degrees;
- confusion, and in some cases hallucinations;
- yellowing of the skin;
- enlargement of the spleen, painful sensations upon examination.
If you experience these symptoms, there is only one way - the hospital. Purulent surgery allows to treat even complex and neglected cases of inflammatory processes.
Forms of diseases
Elimination of foci of infection almost always occurs through surgical intervention. For further treatment, complex therapy is used, but the first action necessarily involves the prompt removal of inflammation of any form of pathology.
Diseases of purulent surgery make up a rather large list, depending on the place of distribution and its causes, the following areas are distinguished:
- complications after burns and frostbite;
- skin and soft tissue infections;
- defeat vessels of the legs;
- inflammation of the mammary glands after childbirth and during feeding;
- complication after fractures or in case of incorrect fusion of bones;
- various forms of pancreatitis;
- abdominal abscesses;
- complication after surgery;
Often, purulent wound surgery is performed in difficult conditions, when the inflammatory process takes place against the background of diabetes mellitus or other serious diseases. In such cases, physicians should exercise maximum caution and apply other methods, sometimes involving specialists from other departments.
Purulent surgery determines that most inflammation occurs due to mechanical damage.skin tissue and pathogens entering the wound. Injury may be of a different nature:
- operating room;
- penetrating, etc.
Bacteria surround us everywhere, so that any wound received will inevitably contain an infection. But not every damage leads to inflammation, there are a number of adverse factors, at the confluence of which the healing process goes wrong and purulent diseases occur. Surgery has sufficiently studied these processes and identifies the following causes of acute infection:
- severe tissue damage;
- the presence of foreign bodies in the wound;
- high concentration of pathogens;
- the presence of serious diseases (diabetes);
- age, weight, height;
- weakened immunity;
- the nature of the wound (for example, stabs very quickly undergo suppuration due to the narrow opening of the channel, preventing blood and other fluid from flowing in the required amount)
The possibility of suppuration is also influenced by the season, the ambient temperature, the composition of the air and others.It is impossible to predict the development of the inflammatory process, but with the observance of elementary first aid measures, the development of an acute form of the disease can be prevented.
Causative agents of surgical infections
Internal inflammation is the most difficult to diagnose and treat, and in time to find the cause in some cases means to save the patient's life. Most often, purulent surgery is confronted with non-specific infections, when several pathogens that cause a similar pathological reaction get into the tissue or blood at once.
The following bacteria are distinguished:
- Staphylococcus aureus - the most common, occurs in three types: golden, epidermal and saprophytic. Contributes to the occurrence of abscesses and the release of yellowish pus with an unpleasant odor.
- Streptococci - can be the causative agents of serious diseases such as erysipelas, sepsis, osteomyelitis, pneumonia. There is a strong intoxication of the body.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa - helps to reduce cell regeneration, delaying the healing process.
- Pneumococcus - affects the upper respiratory tract and nasopharynx,leads to abscess of the lung and brain.
In recent years, the number of cases of the disease has increased not by one infection, but by several at once. Such groups of bacteria are called microbial association, their detection requires additional research and analysis.
Typically, purulent surgery identifies several signs of inflammation in tissues and organs, the main of which is a fluid consisting of pathogenic bacteria, globulins, dead leukocytes, etc. contribute to fever, chills, headache, drowsiness, etc.
All these are external factors, they serve as an initial indication of a possible cause, but the final conclusion is voiced after a full examination, which only a hospital can provide. The Department of Purulent Surgery today has a wide range of methods for diagnosing the inflammatory process.
Patient research is conducted using the most modern technologies:
- CT scan;
- X-ray fistulography;
- biopsy of the affected organ;
- microbiological examination of tissues;
In order to achieve the most productive treatment, the diagnoses of purulent surgery are established using a whole set of measures at the same time.
Features of treatment
Surgical elimination of foci of inflammation may be local (opening of boils, subcutaneous infections) and sometimes performed on an outpatient basis, but complex cases require more prolonged inpatient treatment. A doctor who specializes in purulent surgery must take into account both the anatomical features of the site of infection and possible changes in the work of certain organs that occurred during the course of the disease.
Experts do not recommend conducting self-treatment at home, using medicine at hand and folk remedies. For example, when opening a boil and removing pus on its own, the wound is not completely cleaned and inflammation will continue.
If you go to a doctor late, you can have a number of serious complications:
- inflammation of the lymph nodes and blood vessels, veins;
- when stagnant pus or insufficient outflow occurs, periostitis, abscess, etc.
Chances of developing a chronic form of the disease are high, resulting in the formation of non-healing skin lesions, bedsores and trophic ulcers.
Purulent wound surgery is the main treatment method; without elimination of the source of infection and cleaning of the existing wound, further procedures will not lead to positive results. In the case of a complex form of inflammation of the patient, it is imperative to place him in a hospital where the necessary isolation will be provided and all antiseptic measures are taken.
Over the past one hundred years, medicine has developed many rules and methods to prevent pyogenous germs from falling into an open wound. But even now, the human factor can always cause serious infection. In medical institutions, all prescribed measures for the disinfection of premises, the treatment of instruments and wounds in patients must be taken.
At home, each person is obliged to secure elementary antiseptic measures: for minor injuries, it is enough to treat the wound with an antibacterial solution or a special powder.Even a small wound can lead to infection and the onset of the inflammatory process, so it is necessary from time to time to pay attention to the signals given by your body: pain, fever, chills, changes in the skin, the appearance of seals, etc.
Purulent surgery doctors provide a wide range of medical services, the profile of their work affects many sections of medicine, therefore only highly professional specialists work here. To date, the best department of this profile has been recognized by the staff of GKB No. 13 of Moscow. All the known technologies and methods of treating diseases of this kind are presented here, the best specialists in this field work, among them A. V. Kislyakov, author of over two hundred publications and scientific works, as well as A. V. Krylov, A. A. Plotnikov and others .
Department of purulent surgery GKB them. V. V. Veresaeva won the recognition of the medical community, largely due to the activities of its head, a doctor of the highest category - Ya. I. Yakobishvili. For several decades, along with operations, there have been studies aimed at studying the problems of treating inflammation, especially in the presence of serious endocrine diseases.
Not only in the capital you can find the virtuosos of medicine, which is known for purulent surgery. The regional hospital of Kaliningrad for several years included in the list of the best clinical centers in Russia. The head of the department of purulent surgery is Honored Doctor of Russia L.V. Savich.
Introduction of new diagnostic and treatment technologies
An important stage in the work of specialists of purulent surgery is the organization of joint activities with other departments to provide consistent assistance to the patient. After all, often surgery becomes only the first step to recovery.
For a more accurate diagnosis, many clinics are actively introducing new technologies for examining the patient. Thus, in the Sverdlovsk Regional Hospital No. 1 under the direction of F. V. Galimzyanov the following technologies are being developed:
- New methods of fine needle punctures for the detection and treatment of various forms of pancreatitis and other diseases of the abdominal cavity.
- The use of laparoscopic, videoparascopic intervention.
- Use of endoscopic instruments for local operations.
- Treatment of purulent cavities by ultrasound.
And also in many clinics today, ozone therapy and other measures to disinfect and restore the regenerative abilities of soft tissues are used. Every year hundreds of scientific works devoted to the development of new approaches to the diagnosis and surgical treatment of purulent diseases are published.