Pyelonephritis in children, causes of disease, prevention
Pyelonephritis in children is quite common and accounts for almost 70% of inflammatory and infectious diseases of the urinary tract. Infectious-inflammatory process affects the renal pelvis or kidney tissue at the same time or in turn. With a protracted form, the vessels and glomeruli of the kidneys are usually involved in the process.
Causes of disease
Sometimes pyelonephritis in children is provoked by an internal (endogenous) infection, that is, microorganisms that live in the body permanently. This may be an external (exogenous) infection, which enters the urinary organs (staphylococcus, Escherichia coli, Proteus, Enterococcus and others). Pyelonephritis can develop with the participation of mycoplasmas, viruses and fungi. Infection in the kidneys can penetrate the hematogenous (blood) and urinogenny (urinary tract) method. Predisposing factors are reduced immunity, hypothermia of the body, especially the structure of the kidneys.The course of pyelonephritis can be chronic and acute.
Symptoms of the disease
Acute pyelonephritis in children can be suspected by certain signs.Suddenly and sharply the temperature rises to high numbers, there is a weakness, there is abundant sweat, a head starts to ache, nausea with vomiting is possible. At the same time there are severe pain in the lower back, more often, on the one hand. The pain can be of varying intensity. Pyelonephritis in children sometimes develops as a consequence of kidney stones, in which case the nature of the pain is paroxysmal. Urination is usually not disturbed. Chronic pyelonephritis in children is, as a rule, a consequence of acute, when the inflammation is eliminated, but the pathogens of the process remain in the kidney.
Diagnosis of pyelonephritis
Blood and urine tests, as well as additional medical examinations (ultrasound, roentgen), are talking about the general condition of the urinary tract.
Pyelonephritis in children, prevention and treatment
- During the period of exacerbation and remission, dietary restrictions should be carefully adhered to.
- All smoked, fried, salty, spicy, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, fatty broths, canned food and carbonated drinks are completely excluded from the diet.Fresh fruit is recommended consumption of melons and watermelons, and in large quantities.
- In the treatment of pyelonephritis, the causes that cause the violation of the outflow of urine are eliminated, antibacterial and symptomatic therapy is carried out. Anti-inflammatory drugs are also used, in the acute period an adequate drinking regimen is maintained and physical activity is limited.
- Phytotherapy (lingonberry leaf, birch buds, horsetail, bearberry, etc.) has worthily recommended itself.
- For the prevention of pyelonephritis should consume a low-calorie fluid in sufficient quantities, to monitor the regular and timely emptying of the bladder.
- It is very important to strengthen the immunity to hardening and sports. It is necessary to give the child enough fresh fruits and vegetables.
- In order to avoid the disease, children should promptly treat infectious and chronic diseases, prevent their hypothermia, and isolate them from the viral environment.