What does the browser mean?
Every day we use this or that browser. As a rule, every Internet user on the computer has several browsers, at least, at least two of them. But at the same time, few people think about what the browser means. More precisely, some general idea of them we have, but we do not know the exact definition, as well as the pros and cons of those or other browsers. Each of them we consider for ease of use and speed, but in the end we choose one or several, for permanent use. So, in more detail we will open the very concept of "browser" - this is a program that allows you to browse the Internet. And it acts as follows: first the browser sends a request from the information server, then interprets it and displays the web page on the user's computer screen. All this happens in a matter of seconds, so we do not notice how much work the browser is doing.
The first questions about what the Internet isbrowser, appeared at the beginning of the appearance of the Internet itself. And browsers at that time were only in text versions, that is, without any pictures, just like tabs, advertisements and everything else that they are now full. To date, they are not only a great variety for computers, but also appeared mobile versions that work not only on smartphones, but also on ordinary cell phones.
And at the moment the browser is a very important application, as it is a kind of intermediary in the interaction of the user and the worldwide network.
Which browser to choose
We will consider only the most popular browsers that exist at the moment, noting their advantages and disadvantages:
Internet Explorer (IE)
- Installation occurs automatically with the Windows system, ie it does not need to be searched on the Internet, downloaded and installed separately.
- IE does not support the HTML and CSS specification well
- Sites are displayed differently than in other browsers
- Works slowly
Note that to date there are constant updates to this browser, and manufacturers are trying in every possible way to improve it with various additions.
- Safe to use
- Quickly works
- Easy to set up and install
It is also worth noting that this browserappeared in 2008, and has already become the most popular among users. There is nothing superfluous in it, and it has no flaws. It is also ideal for those who use the social network Vkontakte.
- Easy to install and configure
- Quickly works
- Has many extensions
- Has a huge number of options and options
- Quickly works
- Safety in use
- A beginner finds it difficult to understand all his possibilities
- There is a specially developed for Windows
- Has its own style
- Quickly works
- Originally developed for Mac OS X, so there may be difficulties in installation and configuration.
Which browser is the fastest
This question does not have a clear, concrete answer. After all, each user's operating systems have their own peculiarities, so you will have to choose by yourself, after having tried at least a few of the presented browsers, highlighting the most convenient one.
There are some judgments about who to trust when choosing a particular browser, which we will consider in detail:
- Trust the manufacturers of browsers. Not a good idea, because the manufacturer will say that it is his browser that works best. In doing so, it will also give all sorts of facts, tables and diagrams confirming this. But is it really so, everyone learns only with direct use, because only you yourself can determine what the browser on your computer is for and, accordingly, what functions and speed it should have.
- Trust the tests. Here it is supposed to compare all browsers, taking into account their capabilities. But this is a pointless exercise, because there are constant updates of versions of a particular browser and add-ons that can affect the operation of a particular browser. In addition, on different computers, the same browser can work at different speeds, given the hardware and software. Thus, we can not trust any tests, because they do not take into account updates.
- Trust the opinion of other users. This method involves considering different polls about browsers. But the results do not tell what works best, they talk about the popularity of a particular browser. Since usually they vote for the one they use and possibly at the same time, without having tried the others for comparison. By the way, many of the voting users often have a blurry knowledge of what browsers are. Again, we remind you that the features of the computer itself play a significant role and directly affect the operation of the browser.
Where is the browser
Such a question is most often asked by newcomers towork with browsers. This happens when, for some reason, they delete a shortcut from the desktop or it can happen quite accidentally when other unnecessary files are deleted. And then, to turn on the browser, you need to install the same shortcut again, for this, you need information about where this program usually installs.
Browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera, are usually installed by default in the Program Files folder. Therefore, the path to them will look like this:
- Your system drive: Program Files is the name of your browser.
If we talk about a specific browser, then so: "C: Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe". Also note that "firefox.exe" is an executable file, that is, with its help the browser can be launched. If it's other browsers then they have the corresponding files, for example, "iexplore.exe" or "opera." ex. "
As for the browser Google Chrome, you can have difficulties, since it is usually not stored in the Program Files folder. Therefore, the path to it will look like this:
- "C: Users is your AppDataLocalGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe account."
Now you know all the information about what isweb browser, and you will not have difficulties in choosing a particular browser, but we recall that it's best to check the work of all for several days on your own, given the above circumstances.